I took Dan to the playground on Friday morning. He's always asleep when I get home from work during the week, so I miss him. I made sure to bring my sketchbook and I captured a nice moment of Dan sliding belly down on a spiraling slide. It's the only one that doesn't feel forced and contrived, which is how I can't help feeling about drawing for the last ten years. When I was a kid I had so much to spill on the page. But while working at Pixar I was so humbled by the great artists there that I had to rehabilitate my stiff wrist!
Currently developing an original animated feature project and consulting in story and animation for film and TV, Alex most recently was Animation Director on Warner Bros' Yogi Bear (2010) and previously CGI director on The Loony Tunes Show's Road Runner and Coyote segment, produced by Crew 972 in Israel for WB Animation. Alex started his career working as an animator on The Matrix: Reloaded for Manex VFX, then for Pixar Animation Studios on The Incredibles, Boundin' and several short projects.
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Friday at the playground
I took Dan to the playground on Friday morning. He's always asleep when I get home from work during the week, so I miss him. I made sure to bring my sketchbook and I captured a nice moment of Dan sliding belly down on a spiraling slide. It's the only one that doesn't feel forced and contrived, which is how I can't help feeling about drawing for the last ten years. When I was a kid I had so much to spill on the page. But while working at Pixar I was so humbled by the great artists there that I had to rehabilitate my stiff wrist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Drew. I think that while we all see differently, some of us have a gift for simplifying what they see and boiling it down into an aesthetic and expressive representation. We can all learn how, but we can't all be as naturally gifted. That's humbling... No ned to get depressed, though. I figured a well rounded person can be happy for people like that and just enjoy their art.
Post a Comment